Post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study novel lipid mediators regulating metabolism and epigenetics in cardiomyocytes.
The position is funded within the DFG project “The role of the soluble epoxide hydrolase in the regulation of vascular stability and integrity”. The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U). The position is available from 1 June 2021 for a period of 2 years.
The position requires the following:
• Participation in a research project focusing on clarifying the role of the soluble epoxide hydrolase in the events underlying altered cardiac metabolism and epigenetic regulation.
• Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
• A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group, which is part of the Vascular Research Center Frankfurt.
• Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
• National and international networking – The Institute is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK).
• A completed, very good PhD in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
• Experience in cardiovascular biology/physiology, a FELASA B certificate and experience in working with animal models of cardiac ischaemia/heart failure, echocardiography, imaging, etc. and exploring the underlying molecular mechanisms.
• Good self-organisation and ability to work in a team.
• German is not required, but excellent written and spoken English is required.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (email@example.com).