The Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main is one of the largest universities in Germany with around 48,000 students and with about 5,000 employees. Founded in 1914 by Frankfurt citizens and since 2008 once again proud of its foundation status, Goethe University possesses a high degree of autonomy, modernity and professional diversity. As a comprehensive university, the Goethe University offers a total of 16 departments on five campuses and more than 100 degree programs along with an outstanding research reputation.
The Institute for Cardiovascular Physiology of the Goethe-University (Faculty of Medicine) headed by Prof. Dr. Ralf P. Brandes is seeking for a:
(Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, Medicine)
for projects focused on metabolic control of cardiovascular function.
Our group aims to identify and characterize novel metabolites, metabolic pathways and gene programming which control normal endothelial cell function but also the response to vascular damage. We use cutting edge technologies like LC/MS/MS for metabolic analysis, single cell RNA sequencing and in vivo models using unique knockout and knockin mice.
- Plan and conduct research projects in an interdisciplinary team of scientists
- Characterize the vascular function of novel metabolites
- Elucidate how cells in the cardiovascular system crosstalk at the metabolic and genetic levels
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences
- Expertise in biochemistry, molecular biology and background on bioinformatics (programming skills are a plus)
- Experience with animal experiments (Felasa B certificate or comparable)
- Passion for science and ambition to develop a successful career
- Comfortable to work within a collaborative network
- Advanced English communication and writing skills
- A workplace with a lot of creative freedom in a friendly team
- Top quality research in a very productive and internationally recognized organization
- Financial support for the projects from diverse grant initiatives
- Salary according to TV-L EG13
- Working time models are open for discussion
- Participation in international conferences and training
Are you interested in supporting our team? Then please send your application with the usual documents, summarized in one PDF file (English or German), by e-mail to Dr. Flávia Rezende (email@example.com).
Starting date: immediate
Duration: 3 years